Friday, August 1, 2008

1 Week Down...

For those of you interested in my new job change, please read on. For those of you looking for pictures of Weston, they will be missing here...sorry:) :)
My first week of 2nd grade is over! It was such a fun experience and I really love my new position. The kids are so sweet and very eager to please. Most of them try their best on all of their work (which is new for me....in 4th grade they just wanted to get it done and turn it in). Right now I only have 20 kids...which will change soon, I'm sure. However, I really feel like I can do so much with all of them with just 20 kids. They are really cute and say/write the funniest stuff. For example, one girl wrote that when she grew up she hoped to...."get a skolership for koliege" and another wrote that he hoped to be a "famis cuater bac or a cook." When asked about one child's family, she wrote, "I love my mommy, I love my brother, and last but not least, I love my daddy"....I thought the "last but not least" was so cute coming from a 7 year old. All in all, a great week!!
Before I close, I would like to share the "not so great" happenings in 2nd grade.
1. One of my kids was having a very difficult day and when the principal was talking to him, he gave her the finger...
2. Another kid (age 6) gave two girls the finger on a different day
3. And, to wrap up Friday, I had one kid write the "F" bomb on the cover page of his "Citizen" book....and it wasn't another word spelled wrong...it was really the "F" bomb...
But, I really really do love my new job:):)

No comments: