Well, I'm wrapping up my second week of second grade. This week wasn't as "smooth" and quick at week one, but all and all....successful! I still love this age group, and know I made the best decision for me:)
I will say that I do have a few more "stories" from this age group. So, just to share a few....
1. This week, I saw puke (a lot of it).
2. This week, I saw pee (not in the toilet).
3. My favorite story of the week....I had a child that had been "reading" his independent reading book every time he got the chance. It was Captain Underpants to be exact. Well, I had a few extra minutes during reading group time, so they all brought their independent books over for us to do the "5 Finger Test" to make sure the had a "Just Right Book." They all had to open it to the middle and read me a paragraph. When he opened his book up, it was written in SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he isn't an ESL student.....
Oh, I do love my job!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment