Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Griffin's 1st Birthday Party...

"Our little FIRECRACKER is ONE!!!!"


Several months ago, I decided on a red/white/blue theme for Griffin's first birthday. I had a great time decorating for his party and doing something a little different.



We decorated with red/white/blue and firecrackers. We used polkadots and solids...I tried to stay away from the "flag" since the theme was "firecrackers".

My sweet friend, Allison, made his cake. I like to say "we" did it..but really, she did all the work and I just washed the dishes! :)


The Birthday boy!!!



Our family of four!


Avery and Callie Jo...


Renn and Baker...


The Dixon's...


My Timber Drive friends...minus a few! :)


Uncle JJ, Aunt Emmy, and Tucker...I told Chris that I didn't get as many pictures this year because Emily is usually my photographer...now she's busy with her own little one! :)


The cake and red/white/blue strawberries for dessert!


Weston helped Griffin blow out his candle. Griffin LOVED his smasher cake. He didn't waste any time digging in! :) It's hard to tell but it had his monogram and red/blue polkadots. And, a little shot of my Aunt Dona in the background. I don't know what I'd do without her....she always gets to my house early to help me with parties!!




Yummo!!!!




Opening a few presents with Daddy!!!




I just love this sweet face!


Chris got Griffin his lifetime Sportsmans license for his 1st birthday (they double in price on the day they turn 1 and then go up even more once you're over 11). So, Weston got Griffin a fishing pole for his birthday. It was really sweet to see Weston excited about keeping a "secret" from Griffin! :)


After the party, Weston and Griffin decided to play with G's new drum! :)


And the girls played with a puzzle...isn't it funny how that works....Boys=drum, Girls= nice, quiet puzzle!!! Love it! :)



No comments: