Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weston meets Griffin...

Chris and I had talked a lot about how we wanted the first meeting between Weston and Griffin to go. We decided we wanted to wait until Day 2 to have Weston come to the hospital. We did this mainly because I wanted to look "healthy"...I didn't want him to think I was sick if I was still in the hospital bed with the hospital gown, etc.
Plus, Weston had not stayed away from us before, so we wanted to be closer to "coming home" in case he didn't want to leave us when he did see us (this was not an issue...he loved staying with his Auntie Em/Uncle JJ and my Aunt Peggy...he was SPOILED).
-
So...Emily and Jonathan brought Weston up to the hospital Saturday morning. He was excited to see us and was ready to meet Griffin. Unfortunately, Griffin had just been taken to the nursery to be circumcised...this was a whole other story but I won't go there for now. Anyway, we were able to take him to the nursery to take a quick peak.
-
Chris took Weston down for lunch and soon after they got back, Griffin was back in the room with us. We had a few hours in the room with just the four of us. I had packed Toy Story in my bag for us to watch...so that entertained him for a little while. He also received a special present from Griffin (see below) that he enjoyed playing with, too.
-
Around 5pm, Chris took Weston out to my Aunt Peggy's house. He was a little hesitant to leave the hospital but I don't think he thought twice about it once he was with Peggy.
-
He came back for another visit Sunday evening. That night, Chris went home with Weston and Griffin and I did the hospital thing by ourselves. I was a little nerves at first, but it went great...I loved having that extra alone time with my baby boy!

Griffin gave Weston a Leapster when he came to visit him at the hospital. Weston loves his new game. We've decided to limit his time with the game at home. We want it to still be "new" when we need it (like while I'm nursing).

A quick sneak peak at Griffin!

This moment was so overwhelming to me. I had my two boys in my arms and the love in my heart completely doubled. The tears rolled and I can't explain the emotions I was feeling. I love these boys so much...God has truly blessed us beyond measure!

So far, things are going well with the boys. Weston loves Griffin and calls him "my baby". He likes to hold him and help Chris feed him when I've pumped a bottle. He hasn't shown signs of jealousy towards Griffin....however, we have seen an extreme change in his behavior (more on that to come).

**Picture dates are wrong...these were taken on 7/10/10.

No comments: