Anyway, Dancefest is always a fun day because we gather outside around the hardtop and many, many, many parents come to watch. In the past, 4th grade has done the Carolina Shag...which I think is really cool...but the kids have always thought it was boring, and there second dance was a Square dance. However, this year, they did more of a line dance to a rap song after the square dance. They were really great! I took a few pictures that you can see below....and the best part was....Chris and Weston came to see Dancefest this year. Weston watched K-3rd grade, but then spotted the playground.
The Square Dance...
There line dance was a little similar to the moves of the Electric Slide.
This is my class after Dancefest, minus about 6 kids who didn't follow directions and left for the classroom without us:( They decided to all wear black so we could be spotted easily on the Dancefloor.





1 comment:
Hey blog friend!! I heard you had a blog, but just found the link on Matt and Lisa's....FUN!!! The dancefest looks like it was fun. My 6th graders LOVE their dance unit in PE. They especially like the Cha cha slide! Seeing your students made me miss my students and kind of sad that I won't be teaching after this year!
Post a Comment