Sunday, August 9, 2009

Couponing...

I have many friends that blog about "couponing"...yes, I used it as a verb. They've saved tons of money on their weekly grocery bill by using The Grocery Game. For some reason I haven't been as successful as them with "couponing." However, I have made a new goal to cut coupons each week (especially for things that are "staples" in our home).
-
With all that said, I do feel as though I'm quite possibly one of the thriftiest shoppers when it comes to shopping for clothes (especially clothes for Weston). I'd like to think that he is a stylishly dressed kid (usually Polo, Gap, TCP, Nike, Adidas, some Kelly's Kids) and I NEVER spend much money on his clothes. I shop ahead on clearance racks for the next year (and always wait until there is additional off). I also find some things at the big consignment sales and on eBay.
-
So.... I'd like to share with you some of the best shopping I've done in a long, long, time...probably ever....

This is two sets of Carter's PJs, and a "Cars" cup like found at the Disney Store (with a snow globe type thing on the bottom).
Final total = $2.61

4 pieces of Nike clothing...2 shorts, 2 tanks.
Total = $3.99

Two "Jumping Beans" long sleeve shirts for fall
$1.68

2 pc. Chaps Ralph Lauren Layette, 3 baby cards.
Total = 1.70

1 Carters 2pc outfit
Total = 1.69
(Hope the baby's mama isn't reading my blog right now...haha)


So, for about $11.00, I got....
2 pairs Carters PJs
Disney Cup
2 Nike shorts
2 Nike shirts
2 Long sleeve shirts
1 Boy baby gift by Chapes
1 girl baby gift by Carters
3 cards
-
So, to my CVSing friends, are you a little impressed???



2 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

very cool - good job! Where did you get all these things?

Chris, Crystal, and Weston said...

Lisa---I got these things from Kohls! Gotta love that place!!!