Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A new favorite thing...

We have a new favorite thing in our house....FIRE TRUCKS!!!
I had originally started thinking of a "Construction" themed 3rd birthday party for Weston. I had some ideas and I was sharing them with Weston when he randomly told me that he wanted a "fire truck" party. I let a couple of days past and started talking about his party again....and again he told me, "Fire truck party!". So, guess what we'll be doing at the end of September??? You guessed it, a fire truck party!
-
My aunt asked if she could take him to the Fireman's parade near her house on Saturday (They have a "retired" fire truck at their house that they were driving in the parade), and he was more than thrilled ALL week long. Each day he would wake up and say "I want to ride the fire truck!" Thankfully Saturday finally came! The pictures below are of him waiting for me to get ready on Saturday morning. He went and found 2 Fire truck books and was "reading" them. He has Squirt the Fire truck almost memorized


So, just when I thought we liked everything BOY in our house (trucks, tractors, balls, trains, 4-wheelers)....we can now add Fire trucks!

3 comments:

Renn said...

My dad is going to be pumped about this!

Matt and Lisa said...

so cute! Leah is actually really into fire trucks, too. I'm not sure where it came from, but she loves them. When we are in the car, she always asks if we are going to pass a fire station.

Stella Barker said...

Cute! By the way, I have seen that outfit and if it didn't cost so much I would def get it!