Lastnight we had a party/"get together" to celebrate and remember my Mom for her birthday. Most of my mom's family and a few close friends were there. Everyone brought an appetizer and pictures/memories of Mom to share.
-
When I first started thinking of doing something, I asked my aunt if we could use her shop...I was thinking it would be perfect because it was big and had AC...but we were really thankful to have it there when all the rain came.
We set up a table with some pictures of Mom. The "center piece" is something my brother and I got for the cemetary, but we used it at the party first.
We wrote messages and tied them to these balloons before letting them go.
Callie Jo and Weston taking a short break from playing to eat a little bit.
Waiting on everyone to gather outside with their balloons and special messages.
Weston was excited to send his balloon up with a message that said, "I love you, Grandma!"Our ballons....and you can also see the tiny messages attached at the bottom of each string.
-
I wish this picture captured the whole sky. Earlier in the day, I joked with a friend that Mom needed to "pull some strings" up in heaven to clear up the sky so we could let our balloons go. Well.....I got exactly what I wanted. This beautiful piece of sky was COMPLETELY surrounded by dark, grey, sky. Our balloons went straight up into these beautiful clouds even though we were surrounded by storms. Thanks, Mom!!! :)
(minus Jonathan and Emily because they were taking the pictures).
After several left, we broke out Mom's favorite board game, Rummikub. Here's Weston and Aunt Dona making their next move.
After several left, we broke out Mom's favorite board game, Rummikub. Here's Weston and Aunt Dona making their next move.Starting on the left side of the table, it's my Aunt Bonnie, Joy, Mom's lifelong friend Paige, Aunt Dona & Weston, and another family friend, Susan!
This is him playing the "extra" Rummikub game and making Air planes with the tiles.
-
Thank you to everyone who came out to share memories of Mom. It really made this birthday easier than some in the past.
We all miss Mom so much but hearing all the wonderful memories helped us stay positive and think happy thoughts!
We'll see her soon!!!
Love you, Mom!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment