Friday, May 2, 2008

Playdate with Callie Jo and Mason...

Today, Weston had a playdate with Callie Jo and Mason at Mason's house. Allison (Mason's mom) and Jenny (Callie's mom) are both teachers, too. They are on a traditional schedule and had a workday today. So, we planned to get the kiddos together. Everyone played well together for the most part. They especially loved Mason's swing set and enjoyed being outside in the beautiful weather.

I've been friends with both of these girls since the 2nd grade. Allison and I went to elementary, middle, and high school together. Then, even though she went to Peace, she took her education classes at MC, so we were together in college and student taught on the same hallway at Timber Drive Elem. Jenny and I went to church together (starting in 2nd grade), then we went to middle and highschool together too. We've always stayed close friends...we were married 6 weeks apart and then had babies 4 months apart. It has been a blessing to have a few of my friends have children that are Weston's age. It makes staying in touch your friendships much easier (ie: playdates and getting together as long as it ends by 8:00 for bedtime:) )

I will note...since I know I have limited readers of my blog:)...that I plan to have my next baby at the same time as Renn and Emily have their first. So, for all saying, "Weston needs a sister/brother!" (and I hear this at least once a day)....you need to talk to them:) Okay, I'll get back on the subject at hand. Below are some pictures of our playdate!

Mason and Weston playing with the ball popper. Weston has this same toy, but I've put it up in the attic because he didn't play with it anymore. However, after today, I think I may pull it down again. He kept going back to this toy even with all new toys around him.
Mason has this battery operated 4-wheeler. When Allison pulled it out for Weston, I said, "It may take him a minute to learn the gas button because he doesn't have one of those." Boy was I wrong, Weston hopped on and immediately pressed the "GO" button and was gone...

This picture reminds makes me think of all the mommies of multiples. As soon as we would get two seated, one would crawl out. Finally, I just snapped this so I would have at least one group shot. My neighbor has quads that are one month older than Weston, and another friend of mine has triplets about the same age...can you imagine a photo session?? That would require a lot patience and even more prayer!!!

No comments: