Sunday, July 12, 2009

VBS at BBC...

The week after our neighborhood had the Backyard Bible school, our church (Bethlehem Baptist) had VBS. Weston really enjoyed going to VBS each night. He had two sweet teachers and was able to tell me what they learned each night.
-
Up until lastyear, our VBS was held during the day, but once many of the schools in our area turned into "year-round," we started having a night time VBS. So, Bethlehem started having VBS for adults too. Chris and I were able to attend this year. There was a different speaker each night for the adults, and we truly left feeling blessed every night. Oh...and the adults had recreation too....I didn't need to participate, because I had so much fun "people watching". We had a great week and are already looking forward to next year!
-
Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures, as I was trying to stay out of the classroom to prevent extra meltdowns. Though Weston did pretty good, he did cry a little when we first dropped him off each night.

BBC always has a penny competition between the boys and girls. This year the money raised was going to "Backpack Buddies," a program that helps to send meals home with needy children over the weekend. Six meals are placed in their backpack on Friday before they leave for the weekend!
Weston placed his pennies in the "boy" bucket and then checked out the loot! :)


We had a Family Fun night on Saturday after VBS. There was food, music, and all kinds of "blow-up" things. Check out Weston coming down one of the slides!

Fun in the Bounce House.


The BIGGEST hit was the 22 ft. high "pump it up" style water slide. This is Weston with his Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Jennifer. She took him up the slide with her and once he was up there....he ZOOMED down. I have a video and if I figure out how to post it, I will. He loved the water slide...when he got to the bottom, he would just ask to go again. All the adults around were amazed that he would go down. I realize that he may change, but right now he has NO fear! It scares me sometimes...hopefully he'll gain some healthy fear at some point! :)

Can you tell he is having fun?!?



No comments: