Saturday, July 11, 2009

Truly, My favorite class...

It seems like just yesterday that I was writing this post about switching grade levels. I was a little nerves and a lot excited at the beginning of the year. I had wanted to try a new grade level for a while, and 2nd grade just seemed to calling my name.
-
I can honestly say that 2nd grade is a PERFECT fit for me. I can't imagine myself doing anything else. My teammates are awesome...they have become some of my dearest friends. We have such a great time together! The kids are sweet, independent, eager to learn, eager to please.....really the perfect age! I had an AWESOME class this year. I was truly sad to see them leave me (and this isn't something I've said before). I've enjoyed/loved other classes, but at the end of the year, I've been okay with seeing them move on. This year was different....though the last few weeks were hard (like always)...I wish I could have them another year.

My sweaty, stinky, kiddos after Field Day!

We had a "read-in" on one of the last days of school. I moved all the tables and chairs to the side and the kids brought sleeping bags/blankets, pillows, cards, board games, and we just had a great time together. We had read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the week before, so we watched the movie in the afternoon. It was a fun day and I got to spend some one on one time with each kid (as I crushed them at UNO, Guess Who, and Connect Four) hehe.


-
I'm tracked-out until the end of the month. I've already started working on the 09-10 school year, and I'll start teaching my new class on July 27th. I'm looking forward to another great year.

No comments: