Several months ago, Weston moved up to the 2.5+ year old class at church...he was really the only child his age still in the nursery and his other friends that were a few months older had moved up. He cried when he saw we were about to leave him in the nursery...and usually the closest child to his age was still pretty much a lap baby. So...he moved up a little early and now he LOVES going to church! They play, sing, and learn about Jesus. I've noticed in the past month that Weston is like a sponge when it comes to singing and hearing/repeating stories.
We are also thankful that he goes to a church during the day while we are working...they teach him all the Bible songs I learned as a child. His favorite right now is The B-I-B-L-E, Jesus Loves me, and If you're Happy and you Know it (say Amen). It's so cute to hear him self-start these songs.
-
The other day, Chris said he was studying in the office and Weston came in singing The B-I-B-L-E, and then he went to get his Bible. He opened it to the story of Noah's Ark and started talking about "the rain, God shut the door, the animals were dry..." Then he said, "God Bless Daddy, Mommy, Weston..." and started listing the people we pray for each night. It is so sweet to hear him repeating the things that we are all (us, Sunday School teachers, School teachers) teaching him!
-
Sunday night we were in the car and he reached for his paper from church. I heard him say, "She sick, Mommy....she sick!" When I looked at the paper, it was the story of Jesus healing! Then, I remembered one of his teachers telling Weston as we were leaving to "tell Mommy and Daddy about Jesus helping the sick...". He remembered his lesson from the morning!! I can't describe to you the feeling I had when I saw him look at the paper and know that Jesus was helping the "sick."
-
We are so thankful to have him surrounded by people who love him, and love Jesus!!! I KNOW Grandma is smiling down on him with the hugest smile ever when he is singing and learning about Jesus...her greatest hope and prayer was for all of her family to know Christ as she did.




1 comment:
I love that! And, the outfit is precious, too. :)
Post a Comment