Thursday, April 30, 2009

I can't wait until ______...

If you're a parent, you've said this....and if you plan to be a parent one day...you will say this...

"I can't wait until he/she can _____!"

I can remember when Weston was a newborn and Chris would say...."I just can't wait until we can play catch in the backyard!" Well...
The day has arrived....Chris and Weston had their first official game of "Catch" last Sunday afternoon. They've played ball before....but Weston has his very own glove now...it's the real deal!!!

"See my glove, Mommy??"
Catching..

Throwing...


Wait a minute....who's the teacher here??
Looks like Weston and telling Daddy what to do!!

-
I was trying to think of other things that have happened that were once "I can't wait until ____"
Here are just a few...
1. he says "I love you, too"
2. he can walk
3. he can tell us what's wrong
4. he can go fishing (Daddy)
5. we can work in the yard (Daddy)
6. He can tell me about his day in the car (Mommy)
7. he has some reasoning skills (current-Mommy)
***We try not to say these things too much because we want to enjoy each season of life with him...and we know how fast time goes by...***
-
How would you fill in the blank...
I can't wait until he/she can ______!

No comments: