I would like to start this post by saying Weston NEVER took to a passy as a baby. I tried MANY MANY times to get him to take it (to give myself a break since I was his form of comfort)...however, he just didn't care for one. I've said many times since then that I was THANKFUL because I didn't have to break the habit.
-
Ok---fast forward to 2 years and 7 months old...he is now asking for a passy!! HAHA
Ok---fast forward to 2 years and 7 months old...he is now asking for a passy!! HAHA
These are the reasons I think this may have started...
1. Over track-out, we spent quite a bit of time with my friend Jenny and she has a new baby that often has a passy.
2. We were in Target one day and Weston was acting up....Chris jokingly said, "If you keep acting like this, we're going to have to get you a passy like a baby!"...we'll Weston said, I want a passy. Since then, whenever he's having a fit and crying...he'll say, "I want a passy!" to which I ask, "Why, are you feeling like a baby?"...and his reply is "yes!"
3. He knows we think it's funny.
-
He doesn't suck on the passy...he just puts it in his mouth...and sometimes I see that he is trying his best to chew on it with his back teeth (b/c I think his back molars are coming in). However, he does ask for it at bedtime...but I think it's just because he knows they are in his room and he procrastinating the whole "bedtime" thing.
-
Are you asking, "Where did he find a passy if he never liked one?"
We have a drawer in the bottom of his closet that has several un-opened baby items (like passyfiars, bottles, stuffed animals, etc). I haven't thrown them out because we plan to have more children. When he brought me a package with a passy (he found in that drawer)....I laughed, and showed him two of his that we had saved....




No comments:
Post a Comment